BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (WFLA) – A 16-year-old boy has died after he was struck by a vehicle while walking along a road in Brooksville on Friday.
The accident happened in the 7700 block of California Street at about 6:49 a.m.
The Florida Highway Patrol said Trevor Bowen was walking along a paved portion of the roadway when he was struck by a 2006 Chevrolet van that was traveling northbound.
Bowen died at the scene.
Bowden was apart of the Hernando High School football team.
Charges are pending, according to the report.
- Dramatic video shows man falling out of moving SUV onto busy roadway in Louisiana
- Florida State Fair 2021 tickets now on sale
- President Trump rallies in Georgia ahead of Senate runoffs
- Where are you in the vaccine line? NY Times tool has an estimate
- What did you listen to most this year? Spotify and Apple Music provide personalized 2020 review