HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – One person died Friday morning after crashing their sedan into a tractor-trailer on U.S. 41 in Hernando County.
The crash occurred around 3:15 a.m. on U.S. 41, just north of Pine Cabin Road.
The Florida Highway Patrol said the unidentified driver was traveling north at a high rate of speed when he overtook and rear-ended the tractor-trailer. Trooper said the driver’s sedan overturned and caught fire. The driver died at the scene.
The tractor-trailer operator, a 39-year-old man from Brooksville, was not injured.
It’s unclear if alcohol was a factor in the crash or if the driver was wearing a seatbelt.
- Shop with a Clearwater cop: the humanity behind the badge
- Man exits car on Gandy Boulevard, gets killed by passing vehicle, police say
- Couples go viral with ‘wedding content creators’
- Hit-and-run driver flees deadly crash after witness says he’s calling police: PCPD
- Did you know there’s only one ‘town’ in Pennsylvania?