HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – One person died Friday morning after crashing their sedan into a tractor-trailer on U.S. 41 in Hernando County.
The crash occurred around 3:15 a.m. on U.S. 41, just north of Pine Cabin Road.
The Florida Highway Patrol said the unidentified driver was traveling north at a high rate of speed when he overtook and rear-ended the tractor-trailer. Trooper said the driver’s sedan overturned and caught fire. The driver died at the scene.
The tractor-trailer operator, a 39-year-old man from Brooksville, was not injured.
It’s unclear if alcohol was a factor in the crash or if the driver was wearing a seatbelt.
- Missing Central Florida 4-month-old believed to be endangered
- Chick-Fil-A in Georgia goes full Christmas with nearly half a million lights
- Shop local, enjoy family fun at Winter Village in downtown Tampa
- Two people killed in Black Friday shooting at Arden Fair Mall
- Tony Hsieh, retired Zappos CEO, dies at 46