HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – One person died Friday morning after crashing their sedan into a tractor-trailer on U.S. 41 in Hernando County.
The crash occurred around 3:15 a.m. on U.S. 41, just north of Pine Cabin Road.
The Florida Highway Patrol said the unidentified driver was traveling north at a high rate of speed when he overtook and rear-ended the tractor-trailer. Trooper said the driver’s sedan overturned and caught fire. The driver died at the scene.
The tractor-trailer operator, a 39-year-old man from Brooksville, was not injured.
It’s unclear if alcohol was a factor in the crash or if the driver was wearing a seatbelt.
- Woodcarver honoring 13 killed in Kabul, visits Tampa Bay mother of fallen solider
- Amazon opens 150,000 new positions with $18 an hour average pay, sign-on bonuses
- Pasco school leaders to discuss changing school start times due to bus driver shortage
- Ybor’s Due Amici honors Casey DeSantis in NASCAR race
- Bidens honor 2020, 2021 National Teachers of the Year