HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A 7-year-old boy was hit by a car in Hernando County.
According to FHP, it happened at Chalmer Street and Mariner Boulevard just after 7 p.m.
Troopers say the boy was riding a tricycle across the intersection with his father and sister when he went into the path of a Honda Civic.
Troopers tell us the child was airlifted to St. Joseph’s Hospital as a precaution.
At this time the driver is not facing any charges.
- Clearwater man claims dolphin attacked him off of Sand Key
- CDC warns of airborne transmission of COVID-19, then quickly reverses guidance
- Another Tampa Bay area woman discovers crooks filed an SBA loan in her name
- Sarasota researchers using beer byproduct to fight red tide
- WATCH: Manatee says hello to See-Through Canoe near St. Pete