TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Now that Christmas is over and the eggnog has spoiled, you may be ready to take down your Christmas tree.
Instead of just tossing it, you can recycle it for free at various locations throughout Tampa Bay.
Pasco County residents can take their trees to the following drop-off locations:
- John S. Burks Memorial Park, 13220 Gene Nelson Boulevard, Dade City
- Sam W. Pasco Recreational Complex, 39835 Chancey Road, Zephyrhills
- Veterans Memorial Park, 14333 Hicks Road, Hudson
- Jay B. Starkey Wilderness Park, 10500 Wilderness Park Road, New Port Richey
- Anclote Gulf Park, 2305 Baillie’s Bluff Road
- West Pasco Class III site, 14606 Hays Road, Spring Hill
- Land O’ Lakes Heritage Park, 5401 Land O’Lakes Blvd North end at Overpass Road, Land O’ Lakes
- Wesley Chapel District Park, 7727 Boyette Rd, Wesley Chapel
The trees will be chipped into mulch, chopped into firewood or used as wildlife habitats.
For more information about recycling in Pasco County, click here.
Pinellas County has given guidance for its Christmas Tree-to-Mulch programs in the following cities:
- Clearwater: Curbside tree disposal will be available for residents. For information, call (727) 562-4920.
- Dunedin: Curbside tree disposal will be available for residents. For information, call (727) 298-3215 or visit www.dunedingov.com.
- Gulfport: Curbside tree disposal will be available for residents on regularly scheduled Wednesday yard waste pickup. Residents should not bag or place tree in garbage can. Multifamily units should place tree near the dumpster without blocking access. Mulch from trees will be made available to residents at the Gulfport Neighborhood Center, located at 1617 49th St. S. For more information, call (727) 893-1089.
- Indian Rocks Beach: Place tree with yard waste on Wednesday curbside collection day. For information, call (727) 595-6889.
- Largo: Place tree at curb on regularly scheduled yard waste day. For more information, call (727) 587-6760 or visit www.largorecycles.com.
- Madeira Beach: Place tree with yard waste on Wednesday curbside collection day. For more information, call (727) 543-8154.
- Oldsmar: Drop off trees at 107 Shore Drive W. (R.E. Olds Park), which is available seven days a week, dawn until dusk, from Thursday, Dec. 26 through Friday, Jan. 31. For more information, call (813) 749-1135.
- Pinellas Park: Drop off trees at the city’s brush site, located at 12950 40th St. N., Monday through Sunday, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., or place tree for curbside collection with regular garbage. For more information, call (727) 369-0690.
- Safety Harbor: Trees will be collected with yard waste beginning Wednesday, Jan. 8.
- St. Petersburg: Drop trees off at these brush sites: 1000 62nd Ave. N.E., 7750 26th Ave. North, 2500 26th Ave. South, 4015 Dr. MLK Jr. St. South, 2453 20th Ave. North.
For more information on tree disposal in Pinellas County, click here.
- Wiped out of toilet paper? Here’s why
- Newsfeed Now Coronavirus: ‘Facts Not Fear’ morning update – April 9, 2020
- Michigan governor reminds kids that the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy are essential workers
- Democrats stall Trump’s $250B business virus aid package
- Gas station clerk shot in face during armed robbery in Plant City