HARDEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Tampa Bay area is expecting some severe weather and strong winds to move through Thursday evening and into early Friday morning. However, some areas in Hardee County are already experiencing some issues from high winds.
According to Hardee County Emergency Management, just before 3:30 p.m., high winds caused six electric poles to fall into State Road 62, resulting in road closures from State Road 62 in Parrish to State Road 37 in Duette.
Peace River Electric was on the scene to repair the poles, however, the county said they are unsure how long the road will be closed for. Drivers heading in that direction are being asked to find alternative routes.
If you are affected by the Duette-area outage and require electric-driven life-sustaining medical equipment, the county is recommending you switching to a backup power source or temporarily moving to an alternate location.
- Idaho pastor hospitalized after defying mask mandate
- Cash App scheme could wipe out your bank account
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Getting breezy Sunday, lower humidity coming
- No vote on RBG successor until after election, Collins says
- Mourners warn of possible anger if GOP pushes for speedy process for SCOTUS nominee