TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — A 71-year-old Florida man is dead after being struck by a car while trying to cross an interstate highway.
The Florida Highway Patrol reports Miguel Valle Barreto was crossing Interstate 75 near Tampa on Thursday night when he was killed.
Investigators say several cars swerved to try to avoid Barreto, including the driver that hit him.
Investigators say alcohol was not a factor in the accident and the driver won’t be charged.
- George W. Bush issues statement on ‘brutal suffocation’ of Floyd: ‘It is time for us to listen’
- Man arrested for battering St. Petersburg K9, officers after trying to encourage riot
- Gov. DeSantis’ freeze on evictions and foreclosures last-minute reprieve for some and setback for landlords
- In wake of violent protests, lawmakers call for change
- #BlackoutTuesday: What it is and how it’s hurting the Black Lives Matter movement