TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — A 71-year-old Florida man is dead after being struck by a car while trying to cross an interstate highway.
The Florida Highway Patrol reports Miguel Valle Barreto was crossing Interstate 75 near Tampa on Thursday night when he was killed.
Investigators say several cars swerved to try to avoid Barreto, including the driver that hit him.
Investigators say alcohol was not a factor in the accident and the driver won’t be charged.
- 30-year-old drowns while snorkeling in ‘Blue Sink’ spring in Palm Harbor
- Florida unemployment network creates ‘social media meal train’ to feed those still struggling on Thanksgiving
- Tampa kid with 2 failing kidneys desperately in need of a donor
- Disney announces more layoffs as Polk County’s unemployment rate begins to rebound
- Madeira Beach family homeless on Thanksgiving after Tropical Storm Eta