TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — A 71-year-old Florida man is dead after being struck by a car while trying to cross an interstate highway.
The Florida Highway Patrol reports Miguel Valle Barreto was crossing Interstate 75 near Tampa on Thursday night when he was killed.
Investigators say several cars swerved to try to avoid Barreto, including the driver that hit him.
Investigators say alcohol was not a factor in the accident and the driver won’t be charged.
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Sunshine returns Sunday, gradual warming trend this week in Tampa
- Hit and run crash blocks all lanes of I-75 SB near Big Bend Road
- Cheating during remote testing is a problem, but now there’s a fix
- ‘I’m ready to talk,’ Meghan Markle says ahead of Oprah interview
- Report: Popular flea & tick collar tied to 1,700 pet deaths, EPA received more than 75,000 complaints