RIVERVIEW, Fla. (WFLA) — A driver was traveling south on US-301 in Riverview when they lost control of their vehicle and crashed into a business, setting both the car and building on fire.
The Florida Highway Patrol said the vehicle was near the intersection of US-301 and Lake St. Charles Blvd. when it struck a couple of curbs and went airborne multiple. The car collided with a wooden privacy fence and came to rest after crashing into Tribble Law Center.
FHP said the driver fled the scene as the vehicle and building became fully engulfed in flames.
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Record heat expected again today
- Parents in Tampa Bay spend big for Halloween-at-home, want kids to enjoy ‘normal’ night
- Lanes closed after deadly crash on Bee Ridge Road in Sarasota
- Pasco County COVID-19 patient opens up about lingering symptoms after the virus
- Jamie Foxx mourns death of sister DeOndra Dixon: ‘My heart is shattered’