LONG BOAT KEY, Fla. (WFLA) — Several residents in Longboat Key were evacuated to shelters Wednesday evening after their homes were flooded by Tropical Storm Eta.
The houses that took in water are off Russell Street in ‘The Village’ area and along St. Jude Drive. The fire department rescued five or seven people from these homes and took them to Manatee High School.
Long Boat Key Fire Rescue are advising people to avoid this area.
- St. Petersburg man gives Brady his 600th TD ball back
- North Port PD admits to mistaking Roberta Laundrie for Brian Laundrie during week he disappeared
- Automated train outage at Tampa International makes a long travel day even longer for some
- Cancer patient says ‘I Do’ from hospital bed during intimate ceremony
- NC couple arrested in 30-year-old case of infant remains found dumped in trash