NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) — A driver of a Jeep was hospitalized after being shot by a motorcyclist during an apparent road rage incident Sunday morning, the New Port Richey Police Department said.
The police department originally reported the motorcyclist was the one shot, but the story has since been changed by the police chief.
The incident happened near Sea Forest Drive.
The driver of the Jeep was hospitalized after being struck in the stomach area. He is expected to be ‘OK.’
Police are still looking for the shooter.
This story will be updated.
Note: This story initially read that a motorcyclist was shot, as it was originally reported by the New Port Richey Police Department. The story has since been updated to reflect a change in the information provided by the chief of police.
- Stocks fall, head to worst quarter on Wall Street since 2008
- A guide to surviving financially as bills come due
- Police: Woman anxious about coronavirus shoots at St. Pete officer checking on her
- Florida Democrats blast governor’s handling of virus crisis
- Publix implements new policy changes amid coronavirus pandemic