NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) — A driver of a Jeep was hospitalized after being shot by a motorcyclist during an apparent road rage incident Sunday morning, the New Port Richey Police Department said.
The police department originally reported the motorcyclist was the one shot, but the story has since been changed by the police chief.
The incident happened near Sea Forest Drive.
The driver of the Jeep was hospitalized after being struck in the stomach area. He is expected to be ‘OK.’
Police are still looking for the shooter.
This story will be updated.
Note: This story initially read that a motorcyclist was shot, as it was originally reported by the New Port Richey Police Department. The story has since been updated to reflect a change in the information provided by the chief of police.
- Lafayette man searching for beloved service dog he said was stolen from his home
- ‘It’s clear that he was all-in with his girls’: Joe Buck, Howie Long reflect on death of Kobe Bryant
- Democrats back suit over SNAP work requirements
- Florida sheriffs continue to push back on criminal justice reforms
- ‘We just need some leads’ Family pleads for help on 11th day of elderly woman’s disappearance