BRADENTON, Fla. (WFLA) – A man is accused of trying to lure a 10-year-old girl into his car in Bradenton.
Detectives with the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office say Rolando Bautista, 35, drove past a home several times in the 5700 block of 13th Street East in Bradenton around 5 p.m. on Sunday.
The 10-year-old victim was walking in the front yard to a neighbor’s house when Bautista parked his car and told the victim “Come here pretty girl, get in my car and we will go to the park,” according to investigators.
The girl immediately ran inside to tell her mother.
Witnesses confronted the suspect and detained him until deputies arrived.
Bautista was arrested without incident and charged with luring or enticing a child for unlawful purposes.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Amazon delivery man entered Bradenton home without permission, says homeowner
- What’s Going Around? The illnesses impacting Tampa Bay area schools: Jan. 29 to Feb. 2
- With charges dropped, foster mom accused of killing baby seeks to rebuild life
- 10 ads that stand out during Super Bowl 52
- Missing woman found on latest season of ‘The Bachelor’
- Arrest made in shooting death of woman who was identified by tattoos