TAMPA, Fla (WFLA) – The demolition of the CapTrust building in downtown Tampa is set to take place Wednesday morning.
Once the building is demolished, construction will begin on the Riverwalk Place Tower, which developers say will be Tampa’s tallest building.
Demolition is set to begin sometime Wednesday morning once crews arrive, which means the area around the CapTrust building along Ashley Drive will be blocked off for safety reasons.
Developers with the project say it could take a few weeks to clear the area.
- Tampa pastor who led packed services during safer-at-home order is shutting down the church
- FDA hasn’t authorized a two-minute test for coronavirus
- Coast Guard: Cruise ships must stay at sea with sick onboard
- Engineer intentionally derailed train in attempted attack on hospital ship USNS Mercy, federal prosecutors say
- Residents concerned about COVID-19 patient living at St. Petersburg 55 and up community