TAMPA (WFLA) — Volunteer clean up crews helped Tampa Bay recover the day after Saturday’s Gasparilla festivities.
Adventure Outfitters held the cleanup event Sunday morning. Divers braved the cold of the bay to recover beads, debris, cans, and bottles.
The crews recovered 1,591 beads, 500 pounds of debris, and a lot of aluminum alcohol cans and plastic water bottles.
- Police find 192 rolls of toilet paper stashed in stolen SUV in Beverly Hills
- Worldwide coronavirus cases top 1 million doubling in just over a week
- 1,000 additional COVID-19 tests available at Raymond James Stadium
- Florida coronavirus: Gov. DeSantis signs executive order superseding local COVID-19 orders
- Coronavirus in US: More than 8,000 Americans have recovered from COVID-19