TAMPA (WFLA) — Volunteer clean up crews helped Tampa Bay recover the day after Saturday’s Gasparilla festivities.
Adventure Outfitters held the cleanup event Sunday morning. Divers braved the cold of the bay to recover beads, debris, cans, and bottles.
The crews recovered 1,591 beads, 500 pounds of debris, and a lot of aluminum alcohol cans and plastic water bottles.
- Decomposed body found in Pasco County; investigation underway, official says
- Rays clinch 2nd straight AL East title, beat Marlins 7-3
- Butterfly release vigil held in North Port ahead of Gabby Petito’s funeral
- Sheriff’s office: At least 3 killed in Amtrak derailment
- Louisiana mom accused of throwing 2 children off bridge, killing 1