- All splash pads and recreation centers until April 13.
- Public libraries closed until April 13. However, voting will continue at the libraries hosting polling locations.
- Tampa Parks and Rec facilities, pools, and programs canceled until further notice.
- The Glazer Children’s Museum, Tampa Museum of Art, Museum of Science and Industry, Henry B. Plant Museum and the Florida Aquarium will close Monday, March 16 through Sunday, March 29.
- The Manatee Viewing Center will be closed until further notice starting March 13.
- Tampa Bay History Center will be temporarily closed for two weeks starting March 14.
- Busch Gardens and Adventure Island will be closed starting March 16 through the end of the month.
- ZooTampa at Lowry Park will be closed from Monday, March 16 through Sunday, March 29.
- Tampa Mayor Jane Castor is ordering all Tampa restaurants and bars to cut max capacity by 50% starting Tuesday at noon and all bars will be closed at 10 p.m. until further notice.
- St. Petersburg Museum of History will be closed until April 1.
- The Museum of Fine Arts in St. Petersburg will be closed starting March 14.
- The City of Indians Rocks Beach Library is closed.
- The Florida Holocaust Museum will be closed from Monday, March 16 through Sunday, March 29.
- The Clearwater Marine Aquarium will close Monday, March 16 and will reopen at 10 a.m. Friday, March 27.
- The Dali Museum will close Monday, March 16 through Tuesday, March 31.
- St.Petersburg bars to close at 9 p.m. and no event will take place over 50 people this includes festivals, sports, weddings.
- Effective at noon, Tuesday St. Petersburg Mayor Rick Kriseman says he is reducing occupancy cafes, bars restaurants, movie theaters, gyms, fitness centers, and the cross-bay ferry by 50%.
- The Pier 60 Bait House is now closed.
- Frenchy’s Restaurants are closing to help combat the spread of COVID-19.
- The City of Lakeland Parks & Recreation will close the Main Library, Larry Jackson Branch Library, eLibrary, Simpson Park Community Center, Kelly Recreation Complex, Coleman-Bush Building, Gandy Pool, Lake Mirror Complex and the Splash Pad at Barnett Family Park the end of the day Tuesday, March 17 in order to minimize the impacts from the COVID-19 virus.
- The Polk Museum of Art at Florida Southern College has announced it will be closed to the public until further notice.
- The Hernando County Public Library System will be closing Wednesday, March 18 until further notice.
- Manatee County Government will be closing all public buildings to the public for walk-in services for the next 15 days. All buildings will remain closed beginning at 8 a.m. on March 18.
- Lululemon stores are closing through March 27.
- Apple Stores are closed through March 27.
- Tampa Mayor Jane Castor announced the River O’Green Festival and St. Patrick’s Day parade has been canceled.
- The 2020 Tampa Bay AirFest at MacDill Air Force Base, scheduled March 28 and 29, has been postponed until further notice due to coronavirus concerns.
- The 29thAnnual News Channel 8 Outdoors Expo and Boat Show scheduled for March 20 to March 22 is postponed until further notice.
- The Tampa Bay Renaissance Festival will close its gates for the final two weekends of the festival and cancel the Kegs & Eggs event scheduled for April 4.
- The LIT AF Tour hosted by Martin Lawrence on March 12 at 7:30 p.m. at Tampa’s Yuengling Center has been postponed.
- Country superstar Kenny Chesney has postponed his Chillaxification tour dates through May 28, including his May 9 show.
- The Oncology Conference taking place at the Tampa Convention Center has been canceled.
- Cher has postponed her upcoming “Here We Go Again” tour, including her Tampa show at Amalie Arena on March 26.
- Cigar City Brewing has canceled the 2020 Hunahpu’s Day Festival scheduled for March 13.
- The Florida State Thespian Festival, scheduled from March 18 to 21, in Tampa has been canceled.
- The Rough Rider St Patrick’s Parade taking place in Ybor City March 14 has been postponed. More details will be forthcoming.
- The Sista Strut Breast Cancer Walk taking place in Tampa on March 20 has been postponed.
- Saturday Night Brawl IV, scheduled for March 28 at the Yuengling Center on USF’s campus, has been postponed.
- The David M. Barksdale Active Older Adult Center and Ragan Community Center has been closed. Any senior programs at Tampa Parks and Recreation locations, including all centers and pools, are canceled until further notice.
- All programming at Tampa Theatre, including films, concerts, tours, and special events, has been suspended through the end of March.
- Hillsborough County government will be canceling all its events, meetings, public hearings for the next 30 days.
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa has postponed Hard Rock Event Center shows and pool parties from now until mid-April. For future updates on rescheduled dates, please visit seminolehardrocktampa.com.
- The American Lung Association Fight for Air Climb in Tampa at Bank of America Plaza scheduled for April 4, has been postponed until further notice.
- WrestleMania 36 and all related events in Tampa Bay will not take place in Tampa and will be streamed at WWE’s Performance Center in Orlando in front of no fans.
- The City of New Port Richey has postponed Chasco Fiesta to a later date.
- The city’s E-Waste Electronic Dropoff program previously scheduled for March 25 is canceled.
- The city’s Operation Shred and Drug Take-Back program previously scheduled for April 25 is canceled.
- The city of Clearwater is suspending swim lessons at all Clearwater recreation facilities as of Monday, March 16, until further notice.
- The City of Indian Rocks Beach has canceled the following events: Great American Clean Up, IRB Historical Museum – Potluck Luncheon, IRB History on the Rocks, Greenfest, Friends of the Library Annual Meeting, City Wide Garage Sales, Rotary Runs the Beach, Conversation with the Mayor-Commissioner, Easter Egg Hunt, Coffee with a Cop.
- Tampa Bay Rowdies soccer is postponed for at least 30 days due to the coronavirus.
- The 2020 Pier 60 Sugar Sand Festival scheduled for next month in Clearwater has been canceled. For those who have pre-purchased tickets, festival organizers will be contacting you within the next week to issue a refund.
- The St. Anthony’s Triathalon scheduled for April 24-26 is postponed. Organizers are working with the City of St. Petersburg to schedule a new date.
- The City of Largo will be postponing the following events: Shamrock’n Run, Movies in Largo Central Park, McGough Nature Parks Feed the Critters Food Truck Rally and all performances at the Central Park Performing Arts Center.
- The Reds, Whites and Bites fundraiser for the Community Dental Clinic has been postponed.
- The Palm Harbor Library Garden Lecture on March 24 from 2 to 4 p.m. has been canceled.
- The Health and Wellness Expo inside the Gulfport Casino has been postponed until Saturday, June 6.
- The Firestone Grand Prix in St. Pete has been canceled.
- The Tarpon Springs Art Festival taking place on March 14 has been canceled.
- The Florida Holocaust Museum will remain open, but all upcoming programs scheduled through April 14 have been postponed. For more information, visit TheFHM.org/update-on-coronavirus.
- The Florida Orchestra has canceled or postponed all concerts through April 5. For more information, click here.
- The Florida Holocaust Museum has postponed all of the upcoming programs scheduled through April 4. The museum is still open.
- The City of Pinellas Park’s annual Chili Blaze, scheduled for March 20, and the Country in the Park event have been canceled.
- The City of Madeira Beach has postponed the following events: Kite Day, Gulf Beaches Rotary Waterfront Festival, Water Lantern Festival, Mad Beach Burgerfest, Spring Break Camp.
- Ruth Eckerd Hall is postponing all performances, all education activities and events through Thursday, April 2. For more information, please visit rutheckerdhall.com/publichealth.
- Florida Suncoast Tiny Home festival has been canceled. It will be rescheduled on Dec. 19 and 20.
- St. Petersburg Opera has suspended all performances, classes and events through March 30.
- The City of Clearwater is suspending senior programs at city recreational facilities as of Monday, March 16 until further notice.
- The City of Largo will be canceling all programs, classes, and public meetings in addition to postponing city events through the end of March.
- The City of Tampa has canceled all recreational softball leagues until further notice.
- The Driving on Sunshine event at which residents could’ve test-driven electric cars is canceled; it was previously scheduled for April 11.
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Polk County has closed after a staff member came in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- The 2020 SUN ‘n FUN Aerospace Expo in Lakeland has been postponed until May 5 through 10.
- Haines City has suspended all city-sponsored athletic activities for 30 days.
- The Sarasota County Fair has been closed, according to the sheriff’s office. The fair was scheduled from March 13 to 22.
- The Sarasota Film Festival, scheduled for March 27 through April 5, has been postponed. For more information, please visit sarasotafilmfestival.com.
- Sarasota Farmers Market has been canceled on March 14.
- The Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall has canceled all its performances and events through March 31.
- The Snowbird Baseball Classic season will end on March 14. For more information, click here.
- The Healthy Start Coalition of Sarasota County has canceled its North Port and Sarasota Community Baby Showers as well as its annual “Giving Sarasota a Healthy Start” Luncheon at the Van Wezel.
- The City of Venice has canceled the following events now through May 1: City Bicycle Rides, Historic Bike Tours, Venezia Park and Grand Homes Walking Tours, all concerts at the Centennial Park Gazebo and Walk in Pinebrook Park.
- The City of North Port has canceled the following events through April 30: Hazardous Waste Collection Event, Dive-In Movie at North Port Aquatic Center, Community Yard Sale, North Port Community Night at CoolToday Park, Movie on the Green: Viewer’s Choice, Community Baby Shower & Preschool Expo, Flashlight Egg Hunt, “Egg” Normous Egg Hunt
- Holmes Beach’s St. Patrick’s Day has been postponed, police said on Facebook. It’s unclear if the city will try to celebrate the holiday on a different day.
- The 2020 Hernando County Fair has been canceled. The Fair Board and livestock committee are discussing accommodations for livestock projects. Further information will be available at a later date.
- The Sebring Soda Festival has been rescheduled due to coronavirus concerns. The event will now take place Oct. 16 through 18.
- All Special Olympics Florida sports training and competition activities have been canceled now through March 31.
- MLB has delayed opening day to mid-May at earliest due to coronavirus
- The National Hockey League is “pausing” the 2019-2020 season due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- The NCAA has canceled the men’s and women’s 2020 basketball tournaments.
- Princess Cruises voluntarily suspends business for 60 days.
- All Power 5 leagues have canceled their conference tournaments in an effort to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
- The MLS is suspending its season immediately until further notice due to coronavirus.
- Minor League Baseball will delay the start of its 2020 championship season.
- The American Cancer Society made the decision to suspend all in-person events through March 31.
- NASCAR postpones all races through May 3 but still plans to hold all 36 races this season.
- Hillsborough County Schools has closed Farnell Middle School on March 12 and 13 after a person who regularly visits the school had recent contact with someone who tested positive for coronavirus in another county.
- The Bishop Larkin Catholic School in Port Richey has closed after a parent of a student tested positive for COVID-19. The school will be closed on March 12 and 13.
- Diocese of St. Petersburg Catholic Schools will be closed March 16 through 20.
- Per the Florida Education Commissioner Richard Corcoran, all public schools statewide will be closing due to coronavirus until March 30.
- All out-of-state and international trips sponsored by Polk County Public Schools are canceled for the rest of the school year.
- Tampa Prep is closing through March 30. The College Board will contact students registered for the March 14 SATs directly to reschedule.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- Going against FDA, Florida Surgeon General discourages use of mRNA COVID vaccines
- Lakeland Regional Health sees COVID-19 and flu cases double over the holidays
- Cruise passengers win class action lawsuit against Carnival after deadly COVID outbreak
- Say goodbye to the COVID vaccine card: The CDC has stopped printing them
- COVID conspiracies return in force, just in time for 2024