TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A local Coast Guard crew helped rescue a man from the water today after he was ejected from his boat in Tampa Bay.
A Coast Guard Cutter Resolute WMEC 620 crewmember saw a boat turning in circles and sent a rescue boat crew to investigate. After arriving, the rescue boat crew pulled a man from the water and were able to stop the unmanned boat with the help of Eckerd College Search and Rescue.
The man had no injuries and continued on his voyage.
- Florida man coughed on store employee to express frustration over social distancing, deputies say
- 10 patients at same nursing home die of coronavirus
- Masked crowds fill streets, trains after Wuhan lockdown ends
- Coronavirus: Tampa company making respirators for first responders, public
- Coronavirus: Tampa Bay dispatchers reveal top questions nervous callers ask