TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A local Coast Guard crew helped rescue a man from the water today after he was ejected from his boat in Tampa Bay.
A Coast Guard Cutter Resolute WMEC 620 crewmember saw a boat turning in circles and sent a rescue boat crew to investigate. After arriving, the rescue boat crew pulled a man from the water and were able to stop the unmanned boat with the help of Eckerd College Search and Rescue.
The man had no injuries and continued on his voyage.
- Child dies after Christmas parade accident in Tennessee
- Tampa Bay motorcycle group pays tribute to young rider killed following collision with HART bus
- North Port police asking for community’s help in identifying sexual battery suspect
- Florida officer charged with violating women’s civil rights
- Utah tosses thousands of gallons of beer after law change