CITRUS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA)—The Citrus County Sheriff’s Office said its detectives are investigating the discovery of skeletal remains in Crystal River.
The unidentified remains were located in a wooded area near West Dunnellon Road, in the area of North US 19 and North Citrus Avenue.
Authorities said detectives arrived at the scene Wednesday and sealed off the area, and that the medical examiner’s office is working to identify the remains.
Detectives are asking anyone with information about the case to call the Citrus County Sheriff’s Office Major Crimes Unit at 352-726-1121. To remain anonymous, contact the Citrus County Crime Stoppers at 1-888-ANY-TIPS.
- House panel votes to advance bill on slavery reparations
- WATCH: Beachgoers form human chain to save swimmers in Gulf of Mexico
- Jay Cutler, Kristin Cavallari sued over alleged dog bite
- School district warns parents of drugs found disguised as popular lunch item
- Defense expert: Floyd died from heart trouble, not restraint