CRYSTAL RIVER, Fla. (WFLA) — Several roads in Crystal River were closed Thursday morning after a tornado swept through the area.
The Citrus County Sheriff’s Office said the following roads are closed due to down powerlines, trees, and flooding.
- Fort Island Trail and Three Sisters Springs Trail intersection
- Northeast 9th Street, 8th Street, and 1st Street in the Copeland Park area
- Crystal Street near the intersection of West Balloon Lane
- Southeast 8th Terrace
- Ozello Trail and Winterset Avenue intersection
- Whitewater Terrace and Turkey Oak intersection
Deputies said they are redirecting traffic in the following areas due to storm damage:
- Northbound traffic on Highway 19 will be rerouted down West Venable Street to North Dunkenfield Avenue to Highway 44.
- Westbound traffic on Highway 44 will be rerouted north onto Turkey Oak Drive onto Highway 19.
Photos from the scene showed damage to a home and debris scattered across several roads.
This is a developing story. Stay up to date on the latest from News Channel 8 on-air and on the go with the free WFLA News Channel 8 mobile app.