UPDATE: A 14-year-old girl from Citrus County who had been reported missing has been found, according to the Citrus County Sheriff’s Office.
CITRUS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Citrus County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help in finding a 14-year-old runaway who has been missing for nearly a week.
Kayla Desiree-Marie Nienhuis was last seen in the Crystal River area on Jan. 11 around 1 p.m.
Nienhuis is white, 5 feet 2 inches with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a maroon Hollister shirt, white shorts and white Van’s sneakers.
Detectives are asking anyone with information regarding her whereabouts to call the Citrus County Sheriff’s Office Major Crimes Unit at 352-726-1121 or Citrus County Crime Stoppers at 1-888-269-8477.
- Injured manatee, calf rescued in Florida waters
- ‘It’s a miracle’: Toddler walks again after being shot in the head during drive-by shooting
- Newman suffered head injury, no internal injuries in crash
- Dog rescued from deep inside meat plant processing pit
- Rays fan guarantees playoffs for Tampa Bay in 2020