CITRUS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Citrus County School District is canceling all after-school activities Thursday due to severe weather.
Out of an abundance of caution, the school district said they “feel it is in the best interest of our students and their families to cancel after-school activities” as severe weather is forecasted to hit later Thursday afternoon and evening.
All after-school events are canceled, including the Science Fair Awards Ceremony.
The YMCA after-school daycare and tutoring program will continue as planned and is not impacted.
Please visit the district’s website or contact your child’s school for more information concerning makeup days for Thursday’s events.
School on Friday, Feb. 7 is expected to resume as normal since the severe weather should be out of the area overnight.
- Trump promises to replace Ginsburg with a woman – and soon
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Breezy with passing clouds and a few showers Sunday before drier, less humid air arrives this week
- Dallas Stars beat Lightning 4-1 in Game 1 of Stanley Cup
- Idaho pastor hospitalized after defying mask mandate
- Cash App scheme could wipe out your bank account