CITRUS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month coming up in just a few short days, the Citrus County Professional Firefighters IAFF Local 4562 announced they will donate the funds received from their 2018 Breast Cancer Awareness Month t-shirt sales.
The group will donate the funds to two causes: half of the funds raised will go to the Citrus Aid Cancer Foundation and the other half will provide free mammograms to women at Citrus Memorial Hospital’s Breast Imaging Center of Excellence.
During the month of October, 33 complimentary screening mammograms will be performed on uninsured patients in part to the donation being made by the citrus County firefighters.
Uninsured women can schedule an appointment for their 3D screening mammogram by calling 877-351-7012.
- 2 hospitalized after Tampa barbershop shooting, suspect facing aggravated battery charges
- St. Petersburg churches hold community block party against gun violence
- More than 60 people vaccinated through Tampa’s ‘Vaccy and Vacay’ campaign geared towards Gen Z
- Jill Biden thanks military spouses in Colorado for service
- Hemingway Look-Alike Contest returns to Florida Keys