INVERNESS, Fla. (AP) — Two teens are dead after their car overturned in Florida, authorities said.
The crash occurred Monday afternoon on a rural road near the Withlacoochee State Forest in southern Citrus County, according to a Florida Highway Patrol report.
A 17-year-old girl was driving when she failed to negotiate a curve for unknown reasons and drove off the road, FHP said. The car flipped over, ejecting the girl and her passenger, an 18-year-old man. Crash investigators said neither was wearing a seat belt.
The young man was declared dead at the scene, and the girl died a short time later at a nearby hospital, FHP said.
- Work from home: These are the top jobs for remote careers
- Cracker Barrel set to add these alcoholic drinks to its menus
- More Florida children have COVID-linked inflammatory syndrome
- Narrow escape, lifesaving phone call: Oregon woman recalls fire
- At town hall, Biden blasts Trump’s ‘criminal’ virus response