LARGO, Fla. (WFLA) — An SUV drove into an eyeglass store in Largo Tuesday morning.
The owner of the Optical Factory and Showroom told WFLA a customer coming to pick up new lenses for her glasses accidentally accelerated into the building while pulling to a parking spot.
Several customers and employees were inside the store at the time, but thankfully no one was hurt, the owner Kara Colecchia said.
WATCH FULL VIDEO HERE
Colecchia said police estimated the damage to the vehicle and store is between $30-50 thousand. She added she’s unsure the cost of the lost merchandise, saying hundreds of pairs of frames, including some of the store’s most expensive, were destroyed.
By noon, most of the debris had been cleaned up and staff was in the process of boarding up the damaged storefront.
Officials have not yet spoken on the incident.
This story will be updated.
- Max Defender 8 Forecast: Better Rain Chances The Rest Of This Week
- Childhood cancer survivor set to host virtual lemonade stand fundraiser
- Bay area youth football league has over $2,500 in youth equipment stolen by thieves
- Following 18-month investigation, Senate passes bill protecting Olympic athletes from abuse
- Iowa man stole hand sanitizer after breaking into bank, police say