TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Readers of 10Best, a travel website published by USA TODAY, have nominated Busch Gardens and the Florida Aquarium as contenders for best safari park and best aquarium.
“While Busch Gardens is most famously known as an amusement park filled with thrill rides, the Tampa location is accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and offers abundant animal encounters as well,” says Readers of 10Best. “Visitors can board an open-air touring vehicle on a Serengeti Safari, where it’s possible to spot giraffes, zebras, ostriches and other African animals living in wide open spaces. A nighttime version of the experience, available after the park closes, offers a glimpse of the savanna after dark.”
With its 8,000 plants and animals, the website considers the Florida Aquarium to be one of the top aquariums in the South.
“The Florida Wetlands Trail highlights regional life in a recreated mangrove forest, while the Journey to Madagascar takes visitors across the globe to observe a host of interesting animals – ring-tailed lemurs, hissing cockroaches and colorful chameleons. At Stingray Beach, visitors are invited to touch stingrays and sharks,” says Readers of 10Best.
The public has until Monday, July 6 to vote for their favorite park.
- President Trump says SCOTUS pick could come as early as next week
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 3,573 new cases
- Sen. Rick Scott: ‘It would be irresponsible to allow an extended vacancy on the Supreme Court’
- Univ. of Florida administration to vote on canceling March Spring Break
- $13B aid package to help Puerto Rico 3 years after Hurricane Maria took too long, Democrats say