TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Readers of 10Best, a travel website published by USA TODAY, have nominated Busch Gardens and the Florida Aquarium as contenders for best safari park and best aquarium.
“While Busch Gardens is most famously known as an amusement park filled with thrill rides, the Tampa location is accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and offers abundant animal encounters as well,” says Readers of 10Best. “Visitors can board an open-air touring vehicle on a Serengeti Safari, where it’s possible to spot giraffes, zebras, ostriches and other African animals living in wide open spaces. A nighttime version of the experience, available after the park closes, offers a glimpse of the savanna after dark.”
With its 8,000 plants and animals, the website considers the Florida Aquarium to be one of the top aquariums in the South.
“The Florida Wetlands Trail highlights regional life in a recreated mangrove forest, while the Journey to Madagascar takes visitors across the globe to observe a host of interesting animals – ring-tailed lemurs, hissing cockroaches and colorful chameleons. At Stingray Beach, visitors are invited to touch stingrays and sharks,” says Readers of 10Best.
The public has until Monday, July 6 to vote for their favorite park.
- Sen. Rick Scott: Biden administration known for ‘open borders, closed schools’
- Good Samaritan hand delivers lost wallet to Florida woman’s home
- DeSantis vs Fried? Limbaugh flag fight could be early signal of what’s to come in 2022 Florida gubernatorial race
- Orlando City soccer player arrested on sexual assault charge
- Florida sheriff walked man to jail after he starved 2 dogs to death inside abandoned home