BRADENTON, Fla. (WFLA) — An officer with the Bradenton Police Department rescued a dog after it fell into the Manatee River in the early hours of the morning Tuesday.
The dog reportedly fell from a boat docked at a marina on the Manatee River and became distressed when she couldn’t find a way out.
Officer Jason Nuttall responded to the call and found the dog swimming in the water “in obvious distress.” The officer jumped into the water and swam out to retrieve the dog for her owner.
- Bolts fans eager for playoff hockey after season suspended during the pandemic
- Citrus County Sheriff’s Office captain retires after 33 years of service
- Manatee deaths are up, but pandemic put limits on necropsies
- Disney World to reduce theme park hours in September
- O’ahu beaches, parks to close again until Sept. 5