BRADENTON, Fla. (WFLA) — A Bradenton couple will celebrate their 75th wedding anniversary next week.
Robert Smith said his in-laws Sidney and Betty Thomas got married on September 29, 1945. They are now 93 and 91 years old and ready to celebrate their 75th wedding anniversary, which is next Tuesday.
Sidney is a World War II veteran and a former managing editor of the Bradenton Herald, the Birmingham Post-Herald and the Florida Times-Union.
They say their key to such a long marriage has been commitment, love, patience, putting each other first, and forgiveness when necessary.
The photograph above shows them together in 1945 and today.
- Parents in Tampa Bay spend big for Halloween-at-home, want kids to enjoy ‘normal’ night
- Lanes closed after deadly crash on Bee Ridge Road in Sarasota
- Pasco County COVID-19 patient opens up about lingering symptoms after the virus
- Jamie Foxx mourns death of sister DeOndra Dixon: ‘My heart is shattered’
- President Trump eyes hosting election night party at his DC hotel