TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – ZooTampa is celebrating the arrival of a new baby white rhinoceros.
The female calf was born to “experienced mom” Kidogo on Thursday, the zoo said.
The yet-to-be-named baby is the seventh rhino born into the zoo’s Species Survival Plan.
According to the World Wildlife Fund, the white rhino is listed as a “near-threatened” species and is the only rhino species that is not considered endangered.
The calf and its mother can be seen in their enclosure from the tram in the zoo’s Africa section.
- Bus-size asteroid to zoom by Earth, ducking below satellites
- World’s tiniest Rubiks Cube unveiled
- Trump tightens Cuba sanctions as he woos Cuban-American vote
- Tampa Mompreneur develops new Balanced Life planner during pandemic
- Johnson & Johnson begins late-stage vaccine test as U.S. experts say no corners will be cut