TAMPA (WFLA) — At least two Buccaneers players have tested positive for the coronavirus, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
This comes a few days after reports that an assistant coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers tested positive for COVID-19, leading to two assistants being quarantined.
The Bucs released a statement shortly after Schefter’s report Saturday, saying they immediately activated their “COVID-19 Response Plan” and vacated the affected areas.
“We can confirm that there have been individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 at the AdventHealth Training Center,” the team said. “The individuals who may have been exposed have already been notified and are following the established protocols which include a 14-day quarantine period.”
This story will be updated.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Florida coronavirus: State adds 8,109 cases, 212 deaths
- Ohio UPS store owner personally drives package to Florida to ensure on-time delivery
- Dog dies from coronavirus complications, NC health officials say
- New Zealand scrambles to find source of new virus infections
- Dr Pepper is the latest pandemic shortage