SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) — The US Air Force seized and destroyed 7,700 pounds of commercial explosives in Sarasota Monday, the largest explosives seizure in Florida’s history.
The Air Force Civil Engineers partnered with the Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms headquarters to properly dispose of the 200-plus boxes of explosives.
The Air Force tweeted out great pictures of the action.
- ‘Step in right direction’ Florida vaccine eligibility expanded to teachers 50 years and older
- Watch the skies: Mars, Pleiades star cluster pair up very closely
- Cuomo accuser blasts attempted apology, ‘predatory behavior’
- Father, son reel in 1,000-pound bluefin tuna off North Carolina coast
- Bodies of father, two sons found in Benton County, investigation ongoing