SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) — The US Air Force seized and destroyed 7,700 pounds of commercial explosives in Sarasota Monday, the largest explosives seizure in Florida’s history.
The Air Force Civil Engineers partnered with the Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms headquarters to properly dispose of the 200-plus boxes of explosives.
The Air Force tweeted out great pictures of the action.
- Man shot dead outside Gibsonton gas station
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Chilly start to December, freeze warning for parts of Tampa Bay tonight
- Crooks targeting grandparents, including Tampa police officer’s grandfather
- Brandon neighborhood on edge after weekend shootout caught on camera
- Palm tree helps Florida toddler survive 4-story fall from apartment