PASCO CO., Fla. (WFLA) — The Florida Highway Patrol identified the man killed in a multi-vehicle crash in New Port Richey Saturday night.
FHP said New Port Richey resident Phillip Viola was killed after a speeding vehicle crashed into him while he was making a turn from Little Road into Regency Square.
According to the crash report, Viola was making a left turn around 8:20 p.m. into the entrance of Regency Square from the northbound left turn lane of Little Road. While turning, a driver speeding south on Little Road was unable to prevent his vehicle from crashing into the right side of Viola’s car.
The passenger on the right side of Viola’s vehicle, a 20-year-old New Port Richey man, sustained serious injuries in the crash.
Viola was transported to the hospital where he later died.
- Tampa woman nearly loses homeowner’s insurance over faulty county-owned sidewalk
- Crew-2 launch: When and how to watch NASA, SpaceX send crewed mission to ISS Friday
- Hundreds of unfinished pools leaves homeowners angry, frustrates authorities
- Florida woman’s bike ride interrupted by two large alligators
- Washington DC one step closer to becoming a state as House passes bill