PASCO CO., Fla. (WFLA) — The Florida Highway Patrol identified the man killed in a multi-vehicle crash in New Port Richey Saturday night.
FHP said New Port Richey resident Phillip Viola was killed after a speeding vehicle crashed into him while he was making a turn from Little Road into Regency Square.
According to the crash report, Viola was making a left turn around 8:20 p.m. into the entrance of Regency Square from the northbound left turn lane of Little Road. While turning, a driver speeding south on Little Road was unable to prevent his vehicle from crashing into the right side of Viola’s car.
The passenger on the right side of Viola’s vehicle, a 20-year-old New Port Richey man, sustained serious injuries in the crash.
Viola was transported to the hospital where he later died.
- Josh Duggar trial: Duggar confessed in 2003 to molesting children, says family friend
- ‘He made me proud’: St. Pete mother remembers son killed in Pensacola naval base shooting
- Endangered whale gives birth while entangled in fishing rope
- Trump came in contact with 500 people between first positive test and hospitalization: report
- Unvaccinated patients would pay their own hospital bills under new proposal