TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Cross Bay Ferry has returned its service for a third season between St. Petersburg and Tampa, and it’s been off to a great start.
So far, the 2019-2020 ferry season has brought record-breaking ridership numbers. Just within the first 3 days of service from Nov. 1 to Nov. 3, the ferry service carried 2,119 passengers. The ticket sales were also 52 percent higher than 2018’s first weekend.
The 2019-2020 ferry season will run until April 30, 2020. The ferry will not operate on Mondays and Tuesdays.
You can catch a Cross Bay Ferry at two locations:
- The Tampa Convention Center
- The Vinoy Yacht Basin in downtown St. Petersburg, in front of Museum of Fine Arts
Below are ticket prices:
- $8 for adults
- $5 for seniors, military and college students
- $3 for children aged 5 to 18
- Free for children under 4 years old
On Fridays and Saturdays, there will be four stacked departures from each destination. On Sundays, there will be 3 departures from each destination starting as early as 11 a.m.
Additionally, the ferry will operate for all Tampa Bay Lightning home games and will remain in Tampa until 30 minutes after the conclusion of each Lightning game.
The ferry will add additional service on New Year’s Day but will not operate Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and on Gasparilla which is Jan. 25.
For more information on the Cross Bay Ferry, click here.
- Despite pleas from health officials, AAA expects 50 million to travel this Thanksgiving
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America
- CDC estimates only 1/8th of infections caught
- New emergency order from DOE not coming before Thanksgiving
- 40-foot tall leg lamp from ‘A Christmas Story’ stands in Oklahoma in ‘indescribably beautiful’ glory