TAMPA (WFLA) — A 16-year-old boy passed away in the hospital Monday afternoon following a crash Saturday in Tampa.
The Tampa Police Department said 16-year-old Carlos Medina and a passenger were driving behind a car on S. Davis Boulevard when Medina tried to pass it. Medina reportedly lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a light pole.
Medina was transported to Tampa General Hospital where he underwent surgery. He unfortunately died from his injuries late Monday afternoon.
The passenger in the car was uninjured.
According to a GoFundMe page set up by a friend of the Medina family, Carlos was a beloved member of the Greater Tampa Swim Association.
The donation page, set up before Carlos died, has raised over $15,000 so far for the Medina family.
- Deceased cat gets voter registration application in mail
- Jimmy, Rosalynn Carter pose in face masks to spread awareness
- Disney World changing ‘Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance’ virtual queue
- Zoo Miami gorilla gets COVID-19 tests during treatment for bites
- Couple reacts to Tampa Bay company offering to bring newborns home for free