ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — Pinellas County deputies are investigating a deadly shooting at a St. Petersburg gentlemen’s club Saturday.
The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office said the shooting occurred around 4:13 a.m. at the Emporium Lounge which was holding several hundred patrons.
Investigators say a large groups of people, including the victim Jametric Facyson, 24 exited the club and were gathered in the parking lot.
Deputies say Gai Marwil, 32, was leaving in his vehicle when he opened fire striking the victim.
Marwil fled the scene and was found a short time later after crashing his car on I-275 and 54th Avenue North and was transported to a local hospital with serious injuries.
Marwil has been charged with first degree murder and felon in possession of a firearm and remains hospitalized. Once released he will be transported to the Pinellas County Jail.
- Police: Woman covered care-dependent husband with kitty litter after accident
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia after police fatally shoot Black man Walter Wallace Jr.
- Student, bus driver killed in school bus crash in Tennessee
- Trump campaign says website briefly ‘defaced’
- It’s a hoax: Facebook post offers free Chick-fil-A gift basket