ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — A 26-year-old man was shot dead after police said he broke into his girlfriend’s apartment Saturday morning.
The shooting occurred around 6 a.m. on Fairfield Avenue South, the St. Petersburg Police Department said.
After Ocossio Nettles broke into the woman’s apartment, police said a 48-year-old family friend, Roderick Donson, confronted him.
The police department said shots were fired and Nettles died at the scene. Donson reportedly suffered a non-life threatening injury and is recovering in the hospital.
Two woman and a child who were in the apartment at the time were not injured.
- What are the most dangerous Thanksgiving foods for dogs?
- Mother welcomes son just in time for the holidays after surviving tragic explosion
- Pedestrian killed while crossing 54th Avenue North in Lealman
- US jobless claims rise to 778,000 as pandemic worsens
- City of Largo bringing holiday cheer with annual light display at park