ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — A shooting at a gathering of 50-100 people in St. Petersburg Saturday morning left one man dead and another in critical condition.
Police said the large gathering took place at the Food Max on 18th Avenue South. The calls for shots fired came into 911 around 1 a.m.
Police believe an argument broke out before the shooting occurred. Detectives said 38-year-old Bernard Nixon was killed and another man was hospitalized in critical condition.
A suspect was not immediately identified, but officers eventually arrested Darren Lamont Williams, 49. He’s facing a second-degree murder charge and an attempted second degree murder charge.
- Parents in Tampa Bay ready to spend for ‘normal’ Halloween
- Lanes closed after deadly crash on Bee Ridge Road in Sarasota
- Pasco County COVID-19 patient opens up about lingering symptoms after the virus
- Jamie Foxx mourns death of sister DeOndra Dixon: ‘My heart is shattered’
- President Trump eyes hosting election night party at his DC hotel