TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Two Tampa Bay counties were briefly under a tornado warning Friday night.
The National Weather Service issued a tornado warning for Polk and Pasco counties just before 9 p.m. That warning expired at 9:15 p.m. as expected.
Last week’s tornado severely damaged the roof of Kathleen Middle School, forcing the district to cancel classes all week. Classes are set to resume on Monday with portable classrooms and bathrooms.
LATEST FROM STORM TEAM 8:
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Higher humidity and more rain expected
- Max Defender 8 Forecast: Higher Humidity Is Back
- Leigh’s runcast: More humidity means exercise will feel more difficult
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Humidity increases; rain chances return for the end of the week
- Tracking the Tropics: Atlantic basin a little quieter heading into late September