TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Two Tampa Bay counties were briefly under a tornado warning Friday night.
The National Weather Service issued a tornado warning for Polk and Pasco counties just before 9 p.m. That warning expired at 9:15 p.m. as expected.
Last week’s tornado severely damaged the roof of Kathleen Middle School, forcing the district to cancel classes all week. Classes are set to resume on Monday with portable classrooms and bathrooms.
LATEST FROM STORM TEAM 8:
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Coldest air of the season so far
- Tampa homeless shelters packed during first cold snap of 2020
- Cold weather shelters to open around Tampa Bay Monday night
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Coldest air of the season this week
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Much cooler for MLK Jr. Day, some cold nights ahead