TAMPA, FL (WFLA) — Calley Pate, a mother of two, blogs about green living. When it comes to cleaning the kitchen efficiently and thoroughly, she uses all kinds of life hacks.
“I try to stay away from chemicals, too much bleach, and things like that,” she said.
From the oven to the microwave – even tips on making the sinks sparkle. But she admits, sometimes she has mixed results.
“Some of them work. Some of them, not so much. But for the most part, most of them do work pretty good,” she said.
- Oven hack: Mix baking soda, water, and vinegar. Dab onto oven grime. Turn oven to 212 degrees Fahrenheit (100 Celsius) and bake for 45 minutes. Wipe clean. Online video.
- Cleaning the sink: Mix one part vinegar with four parts water and add a few drops of lemon essential oil. Put it in a spray bottle.
- Make the sink shine: Rub olive oil on the sink.
- Clean the microwave: Pate mixes an equal amount of water and vinegar in a bowl and adds 20 drops of essential oils. She microwaves it for three minutes. The gunk can easily be wiped off.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Half-bearded man arrested in Miami
- Chyna’s manager says she died from accidental overdose of prescriptions
- Dozens of citations doled out since decriminalization of marijuana in Tampa
- Beyonce slays at tour opening, offers no insight into album
- St. Pete man records himself asking to use Target women’s bathroom
- Three Tampa Bay area hospitals receive ‘D’ grades
- Hamburger buns stored next to toilet at Checkers restaurant
- Florida manatee gives birth to rare set of twins
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines