JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (WFLA) — A Jacksonville father was murdered in front of his children while trying to buy a puppy through a Facebook advertisement.
Investigators say last Wednesday, Scott Bowman, 39, responded to a man on Facebook who claimed he was looking for a new home for his dog.
Bowman’s fiancée said the seller insisted on bringing the dog to their home.
The man was invited into the home. That’s when he apparently started acting drunk and volatile.
Bowman and the man started fighting and the man shot Bowman in the chest.
Bowman’s two small children were nearby when he was shot.
Police took the man into custody and are investigating the shooting.
Bowman’s fiancée said the man was swearing and banging on walls while she was being questioned by police.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- One Year Later: Hundreds gather to remember victims of Pulse shooting in Orlando
- VIDEO: Former President Carter shakes hands with every passenger on flight
- Missing child alert issued for 9-year-old Brevard Co. boy after deadly house fire
- Cops: St. Pete woman overdoses in gas station bathroom in front of 3-year-old child
- Companies end sponsorship over Trump killing scene in play
- Tyson recalls more than 2 million pounds of breaded chicken products
- Car swallowed by Ocala sinkhole