PERTH, Australia (CNN/WFLA) — A heroic police officer saved a choking baby just before the clock ticked over to Christmas day in Australia.
CCTV footage captured the moment two young parents frantically ran into the Perth police station shortly before midnight Tuesday.
The couple’s 8-month-old baby was choking on some food and wasn’t breathing.
Desperately looking for someone to save their child’s life, acting Sergeant Jason Lee rushed over, took the child from her dad’s arm, performed CPR and saved the baby.
Lee’s heroic actions saved a family’s Christmas.
- Vinik family, Lightning Foundation give back as Bolts head to Stanley Cup Final
- Break out the Greek alphabet: Tropical Storm Wilfred claims final name on 2020 hurricane season list
- More detained migrant women say they didn’t OK surgeries
- Man who was wrongfully incarcerated becomes ‘America’s Got Talent’ finalist
- Woman told officer ‘ I have to poop so bad’ before high-speed chase