PERTH, Australia (CNN/WFLA) — A heroic police officer saved a choking baby just before the clock ticked over to Christmas day in Australia.
CCTV footage captured the moment two young parents frantically ran into the Perth police station shortly before midnight Tuesday.
The couple’s 8-month-old baby was choking on some food and wasn’t breathing.
Desperately looking for someone to save their child’s life, acting Sergeant Jason Lee rushed over, took the child from her dad’s arm, performed CPR and saved the baby.
Lee’s heroic actions saved a family’s Christmas.
- Bowler rolls perfect game after adding father’s ashes to ball
- Tampa Bay leaders applaud conviction of ex-cop Derek Chauvin, say more can be done
- SpaceX, NASA push Crew-2 mission launch to Friday
- Prince fans headed to Paisley Park five years after death
- Police release body cam footage of officer shooting, killing 16-year-old girl in Ohio