CHONGQING (WTVO) — A Chinese theme park has sparked outrage after workers pushed a pig off a 223-foot platform and forced it to bungee jump. The incident was part of a publicity stunt to promote a new attraction.
Video, taken at the Meixin Red Wine Town theme park, shows the pig wearing a cape and being pushed off the tower. Its legs are shown to be tied during the event.
*WARNING: Video in player below may be disturbing to some.*
Local media outlets reported that the pig was sent to a slaughterhouse afterward.
The stunt caused an uproar from animal activists.
PETA said the incident was “animal cruelty at its worst,” according to BBC News.
“Pigs experience pain and fear in the same ways that we do, and this disgusting PR stunt should be illegal,” said Jason Baker, Peta senior vice-president of international campaigns.
Animal cruelty is not punishable by law in China.
- Woman throws 3-year-old in pool, charged with child abuse in St. Pete
- Report: Washington to change team name from Redskins ‘over the next few days’
- Pandemic leads 7-Eleven to forgo free Slurpees on 7-11
- Deceased cat gets voter registration application in mail
- Jimmy, Rosalynn Carter pose in face masks to spread awareness