CHONGQING (WTVO) — A Chinese theme park has sparked outrage after workers pushed a pig off a 223-foot platform and forced it to bungee jump. The incident was part of a publicity stunt to promote a new attraction.
Video, taken at the Meixin Red Wine Town theme park, shows the pig wearing a cape and being pushed off the tower. Its legs are shown to be tied during the event.
*WARNING: Video in player below may be disturbing to some.*
Local media outlets reported that the pig was sent to a slaughterhouse afterward.
The stunt caused an uproar from animal activists.
PETA said the incident was “animal cruelty at its worst,” according to BBC News.
“Pigs experience pain and fear in the same ways that we do, and this disgusting PR stunt should be illegal,” said Jason Baker, Peta senior vice-president of international campaigns.
Animal cruelty is not punishable by law in China.
- FL Strawberry Festival gets off to a “berry” cold start
- Family of bullied Australian boy declines crowdfunded trip to Disney, wants funds to support anti-bullying charities
- Governor strips coalition against domestic violence from distributor of state funds
- What’s deadlier? Coronavirus or flu
- St. Petersburg man devastated his beloved beagle may be stolen