(CNN) – It looks like something straight out of a James Bond movie, but this concept might just signal that the future of superyachts is sub-aquatic.
Dreamed up by Italian-based naval architect Elena Nappi, the hybrid vessel can travel on both the surface of the sea and underwater.
The vessel is known as the “Carapace” and submerges to a depth of 985 feet for up to 10 days at a time, offering amazing views of marine life.
At present, the Carapace is merely a concept and Nappi predicts it will be a long while before anything like it hits the waters.
- WATCH LIVE: Gov. DeSantis gives update on state’s response to pandemic
- Stocks fall, head to worst quarter on Wall Street since 2008
- A guide to surviving financially as bills come due
- Police: Woman anxious about coronavirus shoots at St. Pete officer checking on her
- Florida Democrats blast governor’s handling of virus crisis