(CNN) – It looks like something straight out of a James Bond movie, but this concept might just signal that the future of superyachts is sub-aquatic.
Dreamed up by Italian-based naval architect Elena Nappi, the hybrid vessel can travel on both the surface of the sea and underwater.
The vessel is known as the “Carapace” and submerges to a depth of 985 feet for up to 10 days at a time, offering amazing views of marine life.
At present, the Carapace is merely a concept and Nappi predicts it will be a long while before anything like it hits the waters.
- PETA: Retire Punxsutawney Phil, use animatronic groundhog instead
- Trump announces ‘win-win’ Israel-Palestine peace plan
- Dept. of Defense list identifies Agent Orange sites outside of Vietnam
- Tampa couple furious after they say Target employee ‘cut up’ hundreds of dollars worth of gift cards
- Senator urging Trump to orchestrate coordinated approach to prevent spread of coronavirus