(CNN) – Time to pay a little extra love and attention to the ladies in your life, it’s International Women’s Day!
The day is celebrated in countries all around the world each year on March 8.
This year’s theme is “Each for Equal.”
The International Women’s Organization says the message is simple – each and every one of us can choose to challenge stereotypes, fight bias, broaden perceptions and celebrate women’s achievements. By doing all that you are helping to create a gender-equal world.
International Women’s Day has been celebrated for more than a century. The first International Women’s gathering took place in 1911.
- Florida wildlife refuge to take 30 former circus elephants
- How can I tell the difference between the flu and COVID-19?
- Town of Swastika, NY chooses to keep its name
- City of Tampa to expand Riverwalk, revitalize West Tampa area
- UCF researchers hope to share COVID-19 study results with health officials