IDLIB, Syria (CNN/WFLA) — The video above shows the first images of the aftermath of the United States’ strike on the ISIS leader Al-Baghdadi.
The shadowy leader of the Islamic State group who presided over its global jihad and became arguably the world’s most wanted man, was killed in a U.S. military raid in Syria, President Donald Trump said Sunday.
The video above appears to show debris left in the wake of America’s strike on Al-Baghdadi’s compound.
“Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead,” Trump announced at the White House, saying the U.S. had “brought the world’s number one terrorist leader to justice.”
- Newsfeed Now: President Trump heads to Arizona, Biden works virtually from Delaware
- Trump, Biden schedule Tampa rallies Thursday as campaigns hit crunch time
- Melania Trump slams Biden, Dems in first solo campaign stop
- 6-year-old boy’s ‘YouCanBeABCs’ rap video inspires kids to dream big
- Authorities: Child, bus driver killed in Tennessee school bus crash