(NEXSTAR) – A zookeeper in Australia is in critical condition after being mauled by two lions.
The 35-year-old woman was cleaning their enclosures on Friday when she was attacked.
The incident happened at Shoalhaven Zoo about 100 miles South of Sydney.
Paramedics found the woman unconscious in the lion enclosure.
She was then airlifted to a Sydney hospital in “a critical but stable condition,” police said.
The zoo was not open at the time of the incident due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- ‘Lucid Vending’ machines bring local art, novelty, joy to Pinellas Co. locations
- Child tax credit: Biden stimulus plan could give parents $300 a month per child
- Vita Vea in, Antonio Brown out for Bucs in NFC title game
- Senior living community residents get vaccinated in Polk Co. while thousands remain on waitlist
- Florida coronavirus: Resident deaths surpass 25K as state reports 13,719 new cases