(NBC) – Police in the Dominican Republic have arrested six people in connection with the death of American teacher Patricia Ann Anton, who was found strangled in her apartment last week.
Anton, 63, was robbed and killed in Puerto Plata, on the country’s northern coast, Dominican national police said. Police announced her death Nov. 12.
National police on Sunday said six men, including two nationals, have been arrested in the robbery and murder. Police are searching for one other who they have called a fugitive.
Anton, who died from asphyxiation, was found strangled and bound in her apartment, police said. A cellphone, 40-inch television and around $80 in cash were stolen.
- Pedestrian fatally struck by vehicle in Pinellas County
- Florida state parks to follow local mask orders, Caladesi Island Park temporarily closed
- Bond denied for woman charged in connection with Spc. Vanessa Guillen’s murder
- Man wins $2M lottery after clerk gives him wrong ticket
- Fans to be allowed to attend next month’s NASCAR races in Daytona