(NBC) – Police in the Dominican Republic have arrested six people in connection with the death of American teacher Patricia Ann Anton, who was found strangled in her apartment last week.
Anton, 63, was robbed and killed in Puerto Plata, on the country’s northern coast, Dominican national police said. Police announced her death Nov. 12.
National police on Sunday said six men, including two nationals, have been arrested in the robbery and murder. Police are searching for one other who they have called a fugitive.
Anton, who died from asphyxiation, was found strangled and bound in her apartment, police said. A cellphone, 40-inch television and around $80 in cash were stolen.
- Child dies after Christmas parade accident in Tennessee
- Tampa Bay motorcycle group pays tribute to young rider killed following collision with HART bus
- North Port police asking for community’s help in identifying sexual battery suspect
- Florida officer charged with violating women’s civil rights
- Utah tosses thousands of gallons of beer after law change