(NBC) – Police in the Dominican Republic have arrested six people in connection with the death of American teacher Patricia Ann Anton, who was found strangled in her apartment last week.
Anton, 63, was robbed and killed in Puerto Plata, on the country’s northern coast, Dominican national police said. Police announced her death Nov. 12.
National police on Sunday said six men, including two nationals, have been arrested in the robbery and murder. Police are searching for one other who they have called a fugitive.
Anton, who died from asphyxiation, was found strangled and bound in her apartment, police said. A cellphone, 40-inch television and around $80 in cash were stolen.
- Officials: 17th Florida panther struck, killed by vehicle this year
- Pres. Trump presses Georgia governor to help overturn election
- 200 Sephora locations to open in Kohl’s stores in 2021
- Southwest Airlines announces furlough for hundreds in Orlando
- Here’s when you can see the ‘Christmas Star’ for the first time in 800 years