(WFLA/NBC) – A 3-year-old girl survived being swept 30-feet up into the air after becoming entangled with the strings of a large kite during a festival in Taiwan on Sunday.
Footage showed the girl being lifted up and swung in the air for a few seconds before falling to the ground, as panicked onlookers rushed to help her.
Her parents said she was shocked, but not injured.
Authorities stopped the kite festival after the accident.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Family mourn 14-year-old boy with Asperger’s beaten to death by brother
- US Marshals recover 45 missing children in anti-human trafficking operation
- Halloween goes on at the White House with a few twists
- Early vote total exceeds 2016; GOP chips at Dems’ advantage
- 3-year-old dies from gunshot wound at his birthday party