SYDNEY, Australia (CNN) — A casino in Australia has been fined after a 12-year-old girl was caught on camera gambling on poker machines.
The state regulator, Liquor and Gaming New South Wales, said three minors were caught gambling at the Star Sydney Casino between March and June of last year.
One of them was a 12-year-old girl that can be seen standing next to her parents who had allegedly sneaked her in. The girl then started gambling for 17 minutes, placing almost two dozen bets on several poker machines.
The regulator says the casino staff should have noticed an underage girl playing at the machines.
The incident resulted in a $43,000 fine.
Two other incidents, involving 16 and 17-year-old teens, cost the casino another $21,500.
All three incidents were reported by the casino itself.
- Gender reveal party explosion rattles several New Hampshire towns
- Family members of couple killed in downtown St. Petersburg want intersection improvements
- CDC investigating woman’s death after Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- Tampa woman nearly loses homeowner’s insurance over faulty county-owned sidewalk
- Crew-2 launch: When and how to watch NASA, SpaceX send crewed mission to ISS Friday