FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) — A woman died during a Monday night storm in Indiana that caused a mobile home to roll with her and a child inside.
Emergency crews responded around 7:45 p.m. to find a mobile home had rolled onto its side against a neighboring mobile home. It had been reported to 911 that people were possibly trapped inside.
Within 10 minutes, firefighters found a woman clutching a child, both under debris. The woman was unconscious and in critical condition, while the boy was conscious and in good condition. The woman was taken to a hospital where she later died.
A neighboring mobile home was struck by the one that rolled. A person inside was able to escape uninjured by climbing out a window.
Crews also discovered a serious gas leak, which firefighters addressed in an effort to secure the area from exposed power lines.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Veterans Voices: Navy sailor creates nonprofit to bring joy to active duty service members
- Multiple Tampa Bay residents say they owe thousands after crooks applied for small business loans in their name
- Not ‘I’ but ‘we’: The key to victory for one World War II veteran
- Stimulus checks: Any chance we get $1,200 direct payments in October?
- ‘Lead from the front’: Vietnam combat veteran shares lessons in leadership