HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — Several fires broke out in Hillsborough County on Saturday, temporarily shutting down parts of I-75, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
Three fires burned through 200 acres in total, according to the Florida Forest Service. On Sunday, the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office flew over the smoldering remains at Flatwoods Park.
The flames broke out near Fletcher Avenue and Bruce B Downs Boulevard Saturday afternoon. As of 7:50 pm, troopers have reopened northbound lanes of I-75 from Fletcher to Bruce B. Downs after they were closed all afternoon.
Troopers, fire crews, Hillsborough deputies and Tampa police actively worked the scene with the help of helicopters providing water drops from the air.
Flatwoods Park was evacuated and closed.
Hillsborough County Fire Rescue says no homes were threatened.
News Channel 8 will update this story as soon as more information is available.STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Several Aunt Jemima products recalled over listeria concerns
- Skyway Bridge back open after high winds force closure
- Woman arrested for shooting at teen for attempting to rape dog
- Is your house spying on you?
- Duck shows up at Polk County man’s home and makes it her own
- Brandon cemetery clean up shocks some over discarded memories
- Riverfest 2017 Schedule of Events