TAMPA (CNN) — Cell phone cases are designed to set your phone apart, but a new prototype is designed to feel like human skin.
The project is a team effort by researchers from France and England. It uses silicone to mimic the feel of skin and sensors to ‘feel’ your touch.
The case can detect and differentiate tickling, pinching, and caressing.
The skin can even send signals to the phone, which can then respond with emojis.
The developers say the device aims to explore the intersection between man and machine.
The project is in beginning stages and not available for sale yet. Thankfully.
- Tampa Bay area business offers to help bring preemie twins home from Utah
- Investigation underway at zoo formerly owned by Joe Exotic
- Lawmakers work to extend unemployment benefits set to expire in July
- 7 months after Kansas man dies in crash, widow gives birth to their baby boy
- Trump says executive order will include DACA recipients