TAMPA (WFLA) – The Pasco County nanny accused of sexually battering the 11-year-old boy she was taking care of has been sentenced to 20 years in Florida state prison.
Marissa Mowry was 22 years old and the boy was 11 when she began assaulting him. She eventually got pregnant and had the boy’s baby in 2014.
Investigators say they had at least 14 sexual encounters by the time the victim was 12. It happened again sometime between 2016 and 2017.
Mowry has been behind bars since June 2017. She pleaded guilty to charges that she sexually battered the child she was supervising as the nanny.
Mowry will also face an additional 10 years on probation.
- Earth Week: Saving water saves planet – and money, Tampa Bay conservationist says
- Queen Elizabeth marking 95th birthday in low-key fashion
- Super League collapses after 6 English clubs withdraw, including Glazer-owned Manchester United
- Jury reaches swift verdict for Derek Chauvin in George Floyd death: Guilty
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Decreasing clouds and humidity today