TAMPA (WFLA) – A 54-year-old Wimauma man was arrested after a 14-year-old girl gave birth to his daughter last month.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office said that Felipe Diaz forced the victim, who was 13 at the time, to have sexual intercourse. The exact date in 2016 was unknown.
As a result of the sexual battery, the victim became pregnant and gave birth to a baby girl in September 2017.
DNA testing, conducted by Florida Department of Law Enforcement, proved that Diaz Hernandez is the biological father of the child.
He was arrested and charged with Sexual Battery (Familial/Custodial) and Child Abuse (Impregnation).STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Insurance company pays $20K to families of teens who died after crashing stolen SUV in Palm Harbor
- Opioid crisis hits Spring Hill family
- Company refuses to pay for damage after home gets eaten by termites in Lutz
- Badly-burned body found inside New Port Richey ‘hoarder home’ identified
- Tampa man charged with sex trafficking of teenage girl